The Careers Team
Your designated Careers Lead can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org, but for career enquiries, please contact our Careers Adviser, Sandra Coffie on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents and employers can contact careers at: email@example.com or through the College reception on 01582 432592.
Our careers team are based in college and are on hand every day to give you advice and guidance about Higher Education, apprenticeships and career opportunities.
Parents are always welcome to attend careers appointments with their son/daughter too. The team work closely with our Progress Coaches to help you plan the next exciting step in your journey post-LSFC.
Careers at LSFC
Luton Sixth Form College are current holders of the Quality in Careers Standard Award, (through the Licensed Awarding Body-Investor in Careers)
By holding the Quality in Careers Standard, you can be assured that the college provides its students with careers support of the best quality and will help every student to gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to take control of their futures.
We offer you a wide range of careers and employability activities, throughout the year, to prepare you for life beyond LSFC.
Please click here to view our College Careers Plan.
Tell us what you think. We value feedback about the careers service at the college
The College is committed to the Gatsby Benchmarks of good careers guidance. Please see below our benchmarks:
Eight benchmarks that are the core dimensions of good careers and enterprise provision.
- A stable careers programme
- Learning from career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of each pupil
- Linking curriculum learning to careers
- Encounters with employers and employees
- Experiences of workplaces
- Encounters with further and higher education
- Personal guidance
Further resources about Careers Guidance can be found here:
The national careers service offers impartial careers advice and tools to help you with your choices on careers, training and work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Progression and Careers Leader (Careers Leader)- The Operational leader manages the Career service and delivers the careers plan so that the college meets the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- CAREERS ADVISER’S (2) The Careers adviser initiates and delivers the careers plan so that the college meets the Gatsby Benchmarks.
- PROGRESS COACHES- Progress Coaches deliver the tutorial programme which includes Careers education.
- TEACHERS- Teachers integrate careers education into the curriculum
The College careers policy explains our commitment to careers education, information advice and guidance and can be found here:
QUALIFIED CAREERS ADVISERS
Staff are trained to the appropriate level to deliver careers guidance interviews, careers education and advice and guidance.
The range of qualification include:
Post Graduate Diploma -Qualification in Careers guidance (QCG) Level 7
Level 6 in Careers Guidance
Post Graduate Award in Careers Leadership
BSC, BA, PGCE
EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS
Take the ‘profile’ quiz and explore your options